From medical maggots to solar power, the eradication of brain injuries to borderless learning, UBC researchers are predicting the next big thing in their field in the January 2013 issue of UBC Reports.
- Neuroscience and the eradication of brain injuries
- A stem cell solution to diabetes in 10 years
- A new generation of solar power, Part 1.
- A new generation of solar power, Part 2.
- Revolutionizing road design
- Water efficient food exports: less beef, more crops
- Massively Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
- Cloud U – UBC ventures boldly into the virtual university
In this issue, UBC researchers uncover lost works of North America’s first female Chinese-American author and rides along in Vancouver Police Department squad cars to help them reduce emissions.